Sunday, May 30, 2010

Debbie Downer

i was feeling a bit sorry for myself this weekend... wondering why nothing ever works out for me. my mom always told me that everyone is entitled to a pity party, but only for one day. luckily i'm able to recognize when i'm feeling this way so i can snap out of it pretty quickly. the truth is, nobody wants to be around a Debbie Downer.

the message is loud and clear that Jon just isn't that into me. it's unfortunate...it's always disappointing when things don't work out. i guess i was just surprised at how quickly he threw in the towel out of nowhere. it's hard not to take it personally too. a few of my friends said they were actually surprised at how much of a fight i was putting up, given that i wasn't entirely sure of our connection at first. was it simply the thought of "losing him" that made me want him even more? a situation of wanting what i can't have? if i'm honest with myself, this is probably the case.

p.s. i just realized that i have NO single girlfriends in Ottawa anymore!

4 comments:

  1. Well, my man is constantly away, so you can consider me half single! This time he's in Windsor for 5 days. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be your single girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woman, i feel your pain - i'm the only single girl i know in amsterdam too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the definition of single is debatable -- is it defined by actions, words, level of commitment, emotions, the law? i.e. if someone's been dating someone for three weeks, are they still single? right or wrong, i was suprised to have someone refer to me as not single -- i consider this an important part of (yes) my identity. pls debate amongst your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete