Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Round 2: Dave

sooo after waiting 3 days (ugh, stupid rule), Dave ended up contacting me. i told him that i was just thinking we should probably set up another rendez-vous, and he seemed to like the idea. i suggested we meet up for a dinner date.

he ended up parking his car at my place and then coming up for a quick drink before heading out. as i swung open my front door to greet Dave, he was sitting on my stoop in rayban shades, a denim shirt, shorts and flip flops. somehow he can pull off the cool nerd look. we chatted and made fun of my book collection together (note to self: hide "the hookup handbook" the next time you have a dude over) and then head out to chinatown. we ended up going to a restaurant i had never tried before called yangtze. we shared the szechuan beef and curry noodles (yum!).

the conversation was good. somehow we got on the topic of dating, so we swapped some bad date stories. i don't know why, but i love hearing about horror date stories.. maybe it somehow makes me feel better about my own. i like that Dave is funny, but can be serious at times too.

once we had finished eating, our waiter immediately (almost as if on command) came over and gave us our bill (he paid). i told Dave that i wouldn't mind grabbing another drink somewhere, so we went for a nice long walk to the James St. pub patio. thankfully, the thunderstorm held off!

a lot can be said for body language. Dave pulled up a chair right beside me and was turned facing me the whole time. it was nice because i felt like i had his undivided attention, even though the patio was packed and loaded with TVs. i think i even felt our legs touch! ha. i am definitely attracted to this guy.

after 5 hours of enjoying each other's company, we headed back to my place and he gave me a kiss goodnight (take that, Jon)! it was a sweet, fun evening.

3 comments:

  1. At least you don't still have "How to be Single" on your bookshelf! (that I know of)

    ReplyDelete