Monday, December 13, 2010

Patrick

i had a lunch date today with Patrick, 31, works for the Senate. physically, he's not really the type of guy i'm typically attracted to (bald), but i thought i'd give it a shot. we met up at parliament pub (my suggestion) and fortunately he was the only person inside, so it was easy to spot him. UNfortunately, his salad came with a giant bug (still alive!) on it. it was super awkward... at first i wasn't even sure if the waitress was going to do anything about it (something about "oh, you know...packaged lettuce") and clearly Patrick had lost his appetite. i started freaking out at the thought of him just watching me eat my lunch, but he did end up ordering a panini (minus the salad), on the house. luckily, he's not the super shy type so he did a lot of the talking, but our conversation was somewhat boring and it felt like we were running out of questions to ask one another... i think the words "gaming convention" are a bit of a dealbreaker for me. also, he seemed genuinely and personally offended that i didn't enjoy the movie Inception. ugh! it all boils down to the fact that there was no real romantic chemistry. i will be shocked if he follows up with me.

later:

Hi, Jen,

It was really nice to meet and chat with you, but I have to say I wasn't really "feeling it" and I got the impression you weren't, either. That sucks, but I guess it's the way it goes sometimes.

I wish you all the best, and hope you have a great Christmas and New Years!

-- Patrick

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Well, at least he had the balls to tell you he didn't feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And seems like a decent polite email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the email is a nice touch! too many people pull the disappearing act...myself included, come to think of it...

    ReplyDelete