Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Jason

Another Match.com date! Jason and I have been chatting for a few weeks now and discovered that we both work on Elgin, so I suggested we meet up for a coffee. After my last disastrous date with Neil, I want to avoid wasting any more of my time. A coffee date is perfect for that - short and sweet! Jason is 37, same height as me, a doctor, separated and has two sons (ages 7 and 9) and lives not too far from Centretown. He has 50/50 custody with his ex, so has his sons every other week. He seems like a great dad and really enjoys spending time with his kids (good sign).

Jason had contacted me first and when I read his profile, it really spoke to me. I also liked his 'alias' of 'onethankfuldude'. He seemed really sweet, polite and thoughtful. Hopefully I wasn't off base this time! My one worry was that while his messages all seemed really well written, that Jason would turn out to be boring... or worse... lack a sense of humour.

We met up this morning and I was pleasantly surprised. He has a very welcoming smile and we laughed a lot on our date. Turns out, Jason works at a medical clinic on Elgin - but is also experiencing some restructuring at work himself, so we chatted about that quite a bit. He's very into music and plays some music himself. We chatted for about 45 minutes before I headed back to work. I gave him a hug and he said he would be in touch soon. I had a nice time and would go on another date with him. Time will tell!

UPDATE: I did go on a second date with Jason after he was done a late shift at work. Very sweet guy, but I just wasn't physically attracted to him. Also, he seemed very busy being a part-time dad and full-time doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment