Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lederhosen

What first drew me to Adam was the picture he posted of himself in authentic Lederhosen at the real Oktoberfest in Munich. I had just participated in the MUCH smaller-scale, Canadian version so I knew we would have something to talk about. Turns out, he has a great Lederhosen story to boot! I also knew this meant he has a good sense of humour.

We met up for drinks at a pub on a gorgeous, mild night. So mild, that we were able to sit outside on the patio for most of the night! A rare thing in Ottawa at this time of year. I immediately felt comfortable chatting with Adam - he is funny, interesting and we have a lot in common. Now when I say I'm looking for someone with "an edge", I'm not necessarily referring to a dude with shaggy longish red hair in a metal band (such is the case with Adam), but he actually seems really gentle...and he knows that he needs to cut his hair SOON. Again, not as tall as his profile claims him to be, but tall enough.

I liked that he had interesting stuff to talk about. His dad is obsessed with playing the accordian. His mom is an artist. His brother lives in Denmark. He's traveled to China. He throws a mean theme party. He wears Lederhosen every Halloween. He knows a lot about music.

After 4 hours together, we called it a night. He told me to give him a call after I get back from a business trip. I think I just might do that. I would love to see him again!

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy the date went well. I'm anonymous because I couldn't figure out how to type in a hip, happening commentor's name. Bad things happen to me on the computer when I don't know what I'm doing..maybe you can help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never understand why they always lie about their height?

    ReplyDelete