Saturday, December 19, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I was recently set up with this dude through mutual friends. We went out twice and neither time did he offer me a ride to/from our meeting spot. My date even commented on just how "cold out" it was, as I struggled to take off my many winter layers when I entered the restaurant. I thought that was weird, since he was driving and I'm clearly en route. I have guy friends who always make a point of making sure that I make it home safely or offer up transportation. It goes without saying. I'm a girl living downtown without a car. It's cold and dark out.

I'm looking for someone who is more of a gentleman about things like that.... not that I'm shallow enough to hold that one little thing against him, but it's a red flag. I may not even take him up on the offer, but at least he's OFFERED. And concerned for my safety. That's important to me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I definitely don't think that would be too much to ask. We have guy friends who treat us fabulously, why shouldn't our mate match that?

    ReplyDelete