Wednesday, February 23, 2011

You've Got Mail!

i wanted to share with you some of the messages i've received on POF. this is the crap that jams up my inbox and they are classic examples of *my* rant from my "pimp my profile" post.

1. "how are you doing? how can i get to know you?" -- from a man whose only photo is of him checking out some packaged ground beef in the grocery store. his tagline is "yes always leads to something good".

2. "johnnyhangover" is really the best alias you could come up with?

3. one message was ENTIRELY written in french. desolee Stephane!

4. "U like cooking fo' real.. as mentioned in your bio.... what.. like a tv dinner now and then with some mac and cheese.. So, did u get a hangover over this long weekend, or have you 'retired' from that kinda partying? U go gurl. Cheers." -- this from a man with a PhD.

5. "Very nice to make your acquaintance. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Seems to me that we have a lot in common, apart from the qualities we are seeking, and hobbies. For over the past 5 years, I have been working with Indian and Northern Affairs Canada as an Access to Information and Privacy Analyst. I would only be more than happy to tell you more about this." -- it goes on (and on and on...), but it's too lengthy, awkward and formal to post. soooo i'm confused, what exactly do we have in common if the qualities and hobbies we are seeking in a partner aren't the same?

6. "Hey Chica, Como esta?" - I also don't speak Spanish. And no more Mexicans!

7. " good morning sweet lady. I was browsing for the first time here and i came across your profile . i must say it sparked my interest. i would like to say hello to you first and second tell u a bit about me. 'Am 6'2 200IBS fit guy. Am happy, energetic and spiritual person and that suits my life style. Positive energy is how i look at things and life in general. am energetic , mature and fun person .Well educated, spontaneous and always smiling. am a deep person, i enjoy nice company, cuddling and funny by nature. I like to laugh and i can carry a conversation. I like outdoors, walks and simplicity in life hope you enjoying your day. am casse. what's yours bye for now . keep the smile" - from casse AKA Fanta_Bubbles?? 'nuff said.

8. "Those eyes of yours could inspire a poet...I just might have to start writing poetry! ;)" -- fortunately, The_Rock_1975 has since closed his account. ladies everywhere, this is a good thing.

9. "Hey there how are you? I am in your city for work. I am from LA. How are you" -- oh heyyy there Mr. Winemaker/Pilot. what's that you say? you flew into town for the weekend and want to meet up? errr yeah, probably not going to work out as i'm looking for a RELATIONSHIP in CANADA, preferably in my hometown.

10. "
I cannot believe there's a pearl like you in this ocean." -- different Stephane

11. "
...I decided to make a quick stop on internet to check if you did response.... and my deception that you didn't. I would love to tell you more about me and how my heart was excited when I read your profile. Have A wonderful day... you are definately a rainbow to any man heart!" - did this guy just call me a rainbow?

2 comments:

  1. I've always been wary of people with phd's. You've officially given me another reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "U go gurl"
    I don't even say that, and I'm gay!

    ReplyDelete