Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Man's Rant

I stumbled across this guy's (lengthy!) profile on Plenty of Fish. check out one man's online dating experience:

I've been on here for a while now, for the same reason as all of you. I'm done with the bar scene, not that I was ever started with it. People rarely have the courage to approach someone in public, myself included..but I still try, and still do it. Sometimes it's tougher to approach someone, like on the bus, or other awkward public places. It's always great when you're locking eyes with someone or smiling, then watching them walk away, staring through the window at you. It's happened to us all somehow I'm sure and we all kick ourselves for not saying
"Hello". Point is, this site is good for meeting those people you don't get the chance to meet on a normal day. Like I said, same reason we're all here. Hardest part is meeting someone though...

This site is torture though! Women hate it because most of the men who contact them are E-Males trying to get in their pants. Like the Bar Stars took over. The rest of the men, the "Good Guys" hate it because those stupid morons are blowing it for us by pissing all of you women off! Now we have to not only impress you, but also prove we're not trying to screw with your heads or get in your pants. B*stards! You'll read some profiles of people that really appeal to you, that you share commonalities with, and attracts you as well. We are human after all. But in real life, if you were approached by that person in public, you're flattered by the gesture alone, regardless of what is said. That person doesn't know a thing about you or what they have in common with you, just pure attraction and probably sexual thoughts. On here though, it's a different story all together..not to say people don't have sexual intentions on here either! Women get flooded with emails and delete right away. Or, like most of us, it's straight to the photos to see if there's an attraction. Then maybe you'll read their profile. I know I always read them,.... but most wont. Then you have to catch that persons attention by email in one shot, which let me tell you, isn't fuc*ing easy! (thanks to those Bar Star/E-Males) This site is the classic example of "judging the book by it's cover" No one takes the time to get to know the person behind the photo it seems. Whereas in real life if you were approached out of the blue, the flattery takes over, and all you want to do is get to know that person.

I read so many profiles or hear stories about lame ass guys who write lame ass emails. If I've written you, chances are it's pretty detailed about your profile or interests, and actually gives off the impression that I'm actually trying to get to know you. Provided you actually wrote something in your profile and not "I'll fill this out later" What's classic though, is the majority of the emails that I get, are the ones you ladies all dread getting! "Hey, what's up?" or "Cute dog :P" are the usual's. I appreciate the extremely small bit of effort to get to know me by asking "what's up?", but everyone knows dogs are cute, and showing that you have more interest in my dog than me, isn't helping your chances. "A little effort goes a long way", as all of you ladies say. Just put forward the same amount of effort you ask for as well please. We all hate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment