Monday, January 12, 2015

Jean

Jean contacted me on pof. He didn't have a photo up, but sent me a few photos of himself. He was cute, I thought! We messaged back and forth quite a bit before moving over to text messaging each other. He is the same age as me, 6'2", moved to Ottawa about 12 years ago and has an interesting background. Both of his parents are from France, he was born in Australia but grew up in South Africa. So of course his accent was immediately charming :) We seemed to have quite a bit in common.. in fact, we discovered that we both work in the same building! Only three floors apart. He also knew a few of my coworkers, so I confronted one of them to ask for the 411 on this guy. She had nothing but nice things to say about him. That made me feel better. I liked that Jean was very family oriented and desperately wanted kids himself. In fact, he primarily dated single mothers in the past.

We met up on Saturday at a pub for drinks, but it was packed due to the football game. We decided to move to a different pub just down the street. The conversation flowed quite nicely. Somehow we got on the topic of karaoke and he said "oh, we should go!". I didn't think he meant THAT NIGHT, but he did. It was very spontaneous and fun. I liked that he was up for anything. Jean drove me home and gave me a kiss good-night. This guy seems amazing, I thought! Too good to be true?

Apparently! The next day he texted me to say that he had a great time with me, shared lots of laughs, and would like to see me again. One day later, he texted to say that he just didn't feel a spark with me and hoped we could remain friends. WTF?! Dating in general can be super frustrating and make you re-think ever getting excited about a decent prospect. I couldn't let it go. I responded saying that I was a bit surprised, given that just the other day he had said he wanted to see me again. I mean, really, what happened in the span of one day that made him change his mind? Better to have found out sooner rather than later, I suppose.

In any case, I have never been good at dating more than one person at a time, so I will focus on Robert for now.

Hopefully there won't be too many awkward run-ins at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment