Monday, January 12, 2015

Robert

I met Robert through Tinder, an app that typically is known for hooking up. Surprisingly, most of the dudes I've been chatting with on Tinder are looking for something real. Robert even said he's looking for a life partner, so that was refreshing to hear. We instantly had 'text chemistry', I guess you could say...which always worries me when you actually meet up with the person. What if he's good on paper but the chemistry doesn't translate face-to-face?

Robert is one year younger than me and is a media/communications guy who works for a not-for-profit organization. I like that he has many different interests... anything from book club to snowboarding to being a bit of a foodie like me. He has an adorable dog that he rescued. My first impression of him is that he is a sweet, sensitive type of guy. He was in a three year relationship and then an eight year relationship prior to that.

We met up at a brew pub for drinks and when I arrived, Robert was already there. I immediately felt very comfortable with him, almost like I knew him. He looked much cuter in person than in his photos. I think the more dates I've been going on, the easier and less nervous I feel. We chatted for several hours about our lives, including exes and complicated family history. Things that I'm not sure you would normally talk about so openly on a first date, but it felt ok. After Robert paid for the bill, we walked home together. Turns out, we live in the same neighbourhood!

We have texted back and forth quite a bit during the week. We both had a busy few days and then he was out of town in Montreal on the weekend. The plan is to meet up tonight. I am really looking forward to seeing him again! I definitely felt a connection. Hopefully the feeling is mutual.

No comments:

Post a Comment