Sunday, January 30, 2011

Andrew

i met up with Andrew (30, looking for a long term relationship on POF, new to the city) tonight at the manx (my idea) for a drink. truth be told, i usually like to preserve my sundays for laziness, but it seemed like it was going to be the only day that worked for the both of us. he works at the Westin so his hours are a bit all over the place. as much as i LOVE the manx, it's probably not the most ideal spot for a first date because the tables are really close to one another so it becomes pretty obvious to your neighbours that you're meeting each other for the first time. we had agreed to meet up for a drink, but he hadn't eaten dinner yet (because he was too busy napping), so it meant that he would be eating in front of me (yay!). a few times he would talk with his mouth full of food which was really gross. and in between mouthfuls, he would tell me about his kidney stones and his old roomie's excessive body hair...

while he made me laugh a lot and we have a ton in common, again, there just wasn't any chemistry. not to mention he looks EXACTLY like this dude i went to high school with which freaked me out a bit. i wasn't really physically attracted to him and i felt like he was dressed kind of sloppy for a first date (opposite of the metrosexual!). Andrew didn't ask me *any* questions about myself, which always makes for an awkward date. also, he didn't pay for my beer and tea! i think this might be another situation where he thought the date went really well, will probably ask me out on a second one, and i'll have to politely decline. i wanted to leave about an hour earlier, but the pub was packed and our waitress kind of forgot about us.

oh well, now i'm home and i'm going to eat some ice cream and call it a night.

1 comment: