Sunday, February 12, 2012

Curtis

This story is not really exciting, but I will tell it anyways since I don't have a lot of material right now!

Last weekend, a few friends and I went out for a drink. We started at a wine bar and then tried to get into our favourite Friday night dancing spot. It was so full that even knowing the bouncer didn't help us get in! So we went a few doors down to a pub to get a drink before last call.
We sat at the bar, and started talking to the bartenders. One of them had long-ish hair and one of those hipster moustaches. He was wearing skinny jeans and a plaid shirt. To sum up, he was not my type. But there was something about him! Even other C mentioned that he totally seemed like someone I would click with. She kept trying to get me to talk to him, but I couldn't. When I actually care if a guy is interested, I can't speak. 

I officially fell in love, though, when he got the bouncer to remove this really annoying drunk guy who kept aggressively hitting on us. I was so impressed that he took it upon himself to solve our problem. (Rereading this, I am thinking my standards might be a bit too low?!) He also seemed kind of serious and low-key. But, to repeat...there was something about him!

I did try and talk to him, but nothing stuck. I didn't know what to do! The pub is right near other C's place so we could just repeatedly go back until he is forced to talk to me. But that seems like a bad plan. Please, give me tips on how to chat with strangers whose job it is to deal with random drunks all night!






No comments:

Post a Comment