Sunday, February 19, 2012

Huh?

Another one for the "online dating is the WORST" file.

I emailed a guy on Match last week who seemed interesting...owned his own business in the trades, and lived in Pickering, where I also currently live. He replied right away and seemed interested in getting to know more about me, which I inferred from his statement "looking forward to getting to know more about you!" at the end of his email.

He explained to me that he was interested in politics and hoped to run one day. I explained that I used to live in Ottawa and worked on the Hill, and was therefore really interested to hear that. He asked me how I ended up going to Sarajevo. I explained that I took a sabbatical from work and travelled for five months this summer.

And I never heard from him again! 

I can see that he's read the email, and also that he's online right now (Match is good for stalkers). I get a lot of flack for being attracted to older guys, but older guys don't seem to be as put off by a woman who has had actual life experience. 

Anyways, I suppose he could still at some point write me back, but given that his emails normally arrived the day after I had written mine, I am not holding my breath.


I can't wait till my three months is up and I can get off of Match (end of March). It has been nothing but a waste of my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment