Monday, February 23, 2015

Jeffrey

Jeffrey was another OkCupid find. He works in the hospitality industry and I love hospitality, so why not? We ended up texting a bit before deciding to meet. We'd discussed our neighbourhoods and when choosing a place he thoughtfully chose somewhere near me (love when guys do this). I got there first because I am always early and was pleasantly surprised when he walked in. He was actually the height he listed on his profile and he looked better than his pictures! 

As always, the conversation takes a bit to get started but I don't mind asking questions...at first. I feel like I try really hard to offer natural points for the other person to ask me questions but this guy was just not taking the hint. I told my friends later I felt like the prosecution at a trial. I'd ask where he was from -- didn't ask where I was from. I mentioned I'd gone on a long trip a few years ago -- he didn't ask where/when/why. It got to the point that I decided to just stop asking questions, and we sat in silence for a bit. I thought to myself "maybe he just isn't into me" which, fine, we're nearing the end of the date anyways. He offered to pay but suggested I could cover the tip. Works for me. 

We walked back towards the subway together. We hugged goodbye and I figured that was it. He texted me once he'd gotten home. I know I read way too much into people's written communication, but he said it had been, and I'm quoting, "a pleasure talking to [me]. Let's talk soon."

For whatever reason, I texted him a few days after and again, I asked all the questions. The next day he asked me if I wanted to go for a drink that same night. I told him that I had trivia that night and he said "oh, right, Tuesdays!" So he'd really was listening?! Who would have thought. Anyways, stay tuned on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment