Monday, April 27, 2015

Matt

It's been a while since I've updated...I don't have too much to report right now but I do have a weird lingering situation. I was really motivated to try a new site in January (OK Cupid) and I went on 4 dates in about 4 weeks. Matt, who was the 4th guy I met up with, was definitely the best. 

He had recently moved here from the UK and looked better than his pics (which were already cute). I am a sucker for a Brit and so I was really intrigued as to what led him to move here. Turns out his work wanted to open a new office and he said he didn't have much tying him down back home so he volunteered. He'd never even been anywhere in North America before landing in Toronto! He came up to meet me in my neighbourhood in a bitter storm which I really appreciated. We got along really well and I enjoyed chatting with him. Maybe I was rating him higher in my mind because I had not really felt a connection with the other guys, but I thought he was having a good time too. When we left, I said I'd walk him towards the subway as he was unfamiliar with the area, but he seemed really weird about it. I assumed he didn't want to look like he needed help so I just did it, but he got REALLY very awkward about it. He finally was like "I've got it from here" (spoiler alert: he didn't) and I backed off. I sort of forced him to give me a hug and that was that. I didn't hear from him that night. I texted him the next morning to see if he was ok and he replied quickly but the texting died off pretty fast. 

The next week he texted me asking whether the gallery where I volunteer was free any night. I told him it was, and I volunteer on that night. He said he'd be at the gallery, but I never saw him. I texted him the next day asking if he'd been at the gallery and he said he had in fact been there. Huh?? Again, the texting died off. 

The next day was a Friday, so after a few drinks I texted him asking whether he really just wanted to know whether the gallery was free, or did he want to go out again? He laughed it off and said he wasn't trying to be obtuse and he did want to meet up. We went out the next week and again, had a great time. I felt like he was even implying he wanted to stay longer (I had to work really early in the morning). Then, when we were leaving, again he sort of just bolted off. Not even a hug this time. Huh? Were we just going out as friends? What was happening?!

Again, a few weeks after that, I sent him a random text. Again, texts go back and forth. I was going away the next week on vacation but we agreed to go out when I got back. I got back, made two separate suggestions a few days apart, both of which he turned down (to be fair, they were both fairly last minute) and he didn't make any counter suggestions. We agreed we were both free the next week...which was 2 weeks ago. So I guess another one bites the dust! Honestly probably for the best though. Not a good sign when a guy doesn't even want to hug you goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment