Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Speed Dating

Speed Dating

I attended a charity speed dating event at Mill St last night that was organized by the Ottawa Gala. This was maybe the third time I've tried speed dating. In the past, it has always been enjoyable, but nothing has really come of it. Third time's a charm? Not really. I met up with two female friends for drinks beforehand. We were all a bit nervous and didn't know what to expect. The result was similar to past events... a lot of extremely nerdy and socially awkward dudes. I actually felt badly for a few of them since they were clearly struggling. If you think about it though, what guy agrees to go speed dating? Hmmm. I think this will be the last time I sign up for an event like that! The kicker was that they screwed up my results. Ah well, at least it was for charity!

UPDATE: Jay
After a week of constant texting back and forth and even chatting on the phone for two hours the night before our second date, Jay bailed on me. I don't know why it surprised me after the luck I've been having lately, but it did. Especially since when I had first started chatting with Jay on pof, I had explained that I was close to deleting my profile and he convinced me not to. In the end, he turned out to be a flaky dude himself, proving my point! Apparently, he was having anxiety being single again and didn't feel like "trying" all of the time when it came to dating. I wished him luck and told him that I hope he finds what he's looking for. Clearly, he's not quite ready to be jumping in the dating pool... or maybe he is, but it's not with me. I am starting to feel like there must be something wrong with me that this keeps happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment