Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Rob

I was pretty excited to match with Rob because he was really handsome and a bit older.  He messaged me and asked me to lunch but I couldn't make it, and then he couldn't make my suggestion. I sent him my number and told him to get in touch.

I heard from him on Sunday, and he ended up asking me to go for a drink that night. Normally I'd be in pyjamas but I really wanted to meet this guy. He asked where I lived and asked if I had any ideas on where to go. I suggested my local pub (which is a great combination of low-key and buzzy) and he agreed.

I saw him right away when I walked in, and he looked just like his picture (which a friend has described as looking like a "stock photo") and I was very pleased. We hadn't messaged much beforehand so I knew almost nothing about him, other than that he has a son which he'd mentioned when we were trying to make one of our previous plans. I learned about his current job and his previous job as a professor. Long story short, he is very successful and well rounded.

The conversation flowed really well and we immediately found things in common. We talked easily for about an hour when I realized another guy I dated last summer was sitting at the bar across from us! I know it's bad but I soooo hope he saw me on a date with this gorgeous man.

Nearing the end of the date Rob took my hand under the pretense of looking at my ring. It was a pretty sweet move and I was swooning. We finished our drinks and headed out. His car was parked toward my house and he offered to walk me home. When we got there, we both leaned in for a kiss which was very nice. He sort of looked like he was hoping I would ask him up but that's not something I would normally do, especially when I am really interested in a guy! I suggested we do it again and he seemed amenamble.  I waited for about an hour to see if he'd text when he got home and finally I just sent a message saying it was great to meet him and that I hoped he got home ok.

He texted back the next morning saying the pleasure was his. We texted a few times during the day, and in the evening he made a cheeky joke about inviting himself over if he didn't already have plans. I replied saying maybe next time. We'll see what happens next. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment