Sunday, January 8, 2012

The art of conversation

So, I like to think I am pretty good at writing emails and making conversation face-to-face. I guess, though, I wasn't prepared for the kinds of emails I would get when I joined POF? They seem to fall into three categories:

1. Emails in which the subject line and the content are both "Hi." Or emails that are clearly cut-and-pasted and sent to anyone and everyone. Does this technique ever work?

2. The perverts. One that made other C crack up last night when I recounted it to her had the subject line "Nice" and the body "tits." I also got a cut-and-paste from a guy with the username "CougHunter84" (obviously I clicked on this right away) that was a detailed description of what he wanted to do to me. For real? They have a whole section for people who want emails like that.

3. The actually sincere, which is rare, but always a pleasant surprise! However, one of the latest asked me why I was on the site. So, even though it's obvious what the real reason is, I said because I find it hard to meet new people. He replied "I find it easy to meet new people." Good for you, dude.

2 comments: