Thursday, January 26, 2012

The demon Facebook

The way I see it, the whole purpose of Facebook is to borderline stalk people. I don't feel too badly when I fall down a rabbit hole of looking at my cousin's friend's baby shower pictures. That's what privacy settings are for! She should have locked those down.

However...when I found myself saying "I can't believe that asshole is in Mozambique" (re: UKBF), I realized Facebook is really ignoring a huge market. I don't want to defriend him. (Again.) Going into detail on my defriending policies and issues require a whole other post. And I don't want to block him from my newsfeed. That just means extra work, because I'd have to manually check his profile.

What Facebook should do is let you have a list of people whose profile you can only check a certain number of times a month...say, 5. Don't you think that's an amazing idea?!

1 comment:

  1. Agree! Facebook is really invading our privacy and I'm not happy how things running now.

    ReplyDelete