Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Will

So, as I alluded to earlier, I finally went on a date with a guy I met on Match. Will is 31, separated (no kids), and works in his family's business. He had been sending me those kinda weird emails, and I thought he was going to come up with a reason to cancel, but he sent me an email earlier today to reiterate where and when we had planned to meet--- a coffee shop at a bookstore. 

I got there super early so I wouldn't be sweaty. As as result, I got to browse through a lot of cool art books and magazines (super hot George Clooney pics in this month's W btw). He was a little late, but as soon as he came in I saw him. He hadn't seen me, so he texted me to find me, but I knew that he knew it was me as soon as he saw me. 

Anyways, I immediately gave him a huge smile and told him it was great to finally meet him. My five months of meeting strangers and previous three years of holding a very public job really has prepared me well for....well, meeting more strangers. I tried to put all the weirdness out of my mind and just focus on things going well.

He paid for my coffee and we sat down. We had lots to talk about and the conversation went pretty well. I finished my coffee around the time there was a lag in conversation, so I asked if he had finished his coffee too. He said he had, and kept on talking. We probably chatted for another half hour. Eventually there was another lull and he pointed out that he was getting hungry and he probably should let his dog out. I wasn't sure if he was hinting that we should go get something to eat together? I erred on the side of caution and said I had to meet a friend (which was semi-true).

We were walking opposite ways when we left, and I didn't know what to say, so I said "well, be in touch!" and he said "I definitely will" and then went in for a hug. He looked super happy and sincere when he said it, so we'll see....but he did also tell me a number of times that he rarely goes out with the same woman twice. I would go out with him again if he asked, but I probably wouldn't pursue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment