Monday, January 2, 2012

The possible Turk

A few of us went out to the Drake for New Year's Eve. I had never been before and had no idea what to expect, but I really wanted to check out the venue as I'd heard so much about it. The crowd was a little younger but we had a ton of fun regardless.

Nearing the end of the night, we somehow added a hanger-on to our group. He was a youngish guy named Daniel, who was just absolutely so drunk and in love with all of us (love might be the wrong word). Why we humoured him I will never know, but maybe it was fate? Because suddenly his two friends appeared -- friends we had never heard about until that minute -- I fell absolutely head over heels in love/lust with one of them. He wasn't the typical kind of guy I go for. He was sort of muscly and didn't have much hair but he had the most gorgeous blue eyes. I saw his pupils turn into metaphorical hearts at the same time mine did. We were glued together for the rest of the night, which was not long.

He kept asking me to go over to his place, but I declined, over and over. We did sort of make out on the streetcar (OK, not sort of: totally). The little information I gleaned from him was that he had lived in New York City for five and a half years. However, I did manage to improve on one score: I actually got his name and phone number. I texted him later that night and he texted me back right away.

Of course I googled him in the morning, and I thought he would be easier to find because of his unusual first name. I didn't find out anything more about him other than that his name is Turkish, which made everything make sense. So many Turkish guys have the most amazing blue eyes, and they have a weird affinity for me (I spent a month in Turkey as part of my trip).

So, now we come to the sad part of my story. I honestly expected him to get in touch with me at some point on New Year's Day, but I wasn't sweating it too much. I am, however, impatient so I texted him in the evening saying hope he had a good first day of the year, and he should give me a shout if he wanted to get together this week. He texted back early this morning saying he had spent the day relaxing, and that he hoped I'd had a good day, too. That's it. Hmm. Probably won't be hearing from him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment