Monday, September 28, 2009

Ask him out!

If I relied on guys to make a move and ask me out, I would perpetually be single. Seriously. It's unheard of in this city. I went through a phase where I would just ask guys out... and it worked! I would land myself a date.

I even asked out this guy who worked at a Record Store on my street. I would be in there all the time, buying CDs I didn't need, checking out the cute RS boy. Finally, one day, I mustered up the courage (sober, I might add) to ask him out for coffee. He looked at me like I had just killed his puppy. Total shock and disbelief.

I think I had built up RS boy in my head to be this amazingly funny, super cool dude. I put him on a pedestal. When we later met up for coffee, he was pretty boring (and didn't want to talk about music!?). But I was SO proud of myself for what I had accomplished. The old me would never have even entertained the idea. That took balls, no?

Special note: Don't ask someone out who works at a clothing store, restaurant, etc that you frequent and enjoy visiting. You will never be able to show your face there again. Ever. Luckily for me, the record store has since shut down, RS boy has moved to Toronto and I am able to walk down my street again.

No comments:

Post a Comment