Sunday, September 27, 2009

Eric

Online dating is weird, but it's starting to become trendy. It's worked out for me in the past, so after a much needed break, I thought, why not give it another go? Meet Eric. We decided to go on a "mini pub crawl" after work on a Friday night. Ladies, never give up your weekend time for a random stranger. Yes, it has the potential to go really well, but it can equally be miserable and you can be trapped on a 3 hour "mini pub crawl" date from hell.

I knew instantly that Eric would not be the one for me. But, it was dinner time and I was starving so I ordered my meal and we shared a pitcher of beer. I was trying to fight back my yawns, my time checks and my multiple bathroom breaks, but it was hard. He challenged me on how "expensive" it was that I buy my lunch every day at work. He grilled me about my "passion in life" and then proceeded to tell me that his included collecting figurines and playing video games. For every thing I liked, he disliked. And yet, he still wanted the date to continue! Kill me.

We went to another pub for drinks and when I went to the washroom, Sneaky E ordered us another pitcher of beer. Maybe he thought if he got me drunk, we would be more compatible? When I returned from the ladies room, he asked me why I always brought my purse with me. Ahem. Ladies, as you know, there could be several personal reasons why purses are brought to bathroom stalls. In this case, I was drunk texting a friend to help plan my escape route.

After three hours of excruciating pain, I got up, paid for our bill and told him that I had to get going because I had to pick up a friend at the airport. Probably not the best excuse when 1) you've been drinking heavily and 2) your date knows that you don't own a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment