Sunday, September 27, 2009

Scott

I don't know about you, but I've always thought a guy who's kind of nerdy is cute. I don't mean the kind that is addicted to World of Warcraft, wearing socks with sandals and is a 40 year old virgin. Intelligence is sexy. But when is nerdy "too nerdy"?

Enter Scott. A "nice guy" (boring) with a good/stable job, a bit shy/quiet/serious and nerdy. We didn't really have very many things in common at all. There were plenty of awkward silences on our date and I didn't laugh as much as I had wanted to (that, or my jokes weren't funny). In the past, I have usually felt a spark of some sort or at least a desire/curiosity to find out more. I'm not so sure about Scott.

But then I started to think about friends of mine and their significant others and how different they are from each other. Do opposites really attract?

I always thought I should give a potential suitor a 2-3 date grace period. I'm on the fence with this one. This was also the first time I let a friend of mine set me up. You assume your friends sometimes know you better than you know yourself. Clearly there was something about Scott that made my friend think I was a good match for him. But what?

No comments:

Post a Comment