Monday, September 28, 2009

Dog Park Guy

Who knew that the dog park is worse than Maxwells on a Saturday night? It's a meat market. I had no idea. I've never owned a dog myself, therefore I have never been able to tap into this unexplored resource.

Ahhh Dog Park Guy. So adorable. This was an interesting scenario because I had met him briefly at a party in Tremblant and then thought, that's it. Never to be seen again. Then a friend of mine saw some photos from said party, and divulged that she had in fact met him at the dog park the other day. What a coincidence! Fate, perhaps?

About a month later, she bumped into him again, told him about me, and got his phone number and gave it to me. Ummm can you say best wingwoman ever? She did all of the dirty work. Now I just had to call him. It wasn't easy, but I did it. He seemed very easy to talk to and friendly. However, he didn't remember me from the party. And yet, he suggested we meet up for coffee/drinks sometime. I called him up later in the week to formulate plans (I'm a ridic planner) and we settled on brunch on Saturday.

To make a long story short, I put in a lot of effort and time to make these arrangements, only to be blown off (by text!) the morning of our supposed date. That day wasn't going to work for him, but if I wanted to, I could tag along with him on his dog walk early the following morning. No thanks, I thought. Clearly he was not very interested or curious enough to want to go out on a proper date. What a dog! I couldn't feel too hurt though, because I really knew nothing about him.

What are your thoughts on the "brunch date"? I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment